Sunday, March 8, 2015

Stuck In a Funk

    Over the past two weeks it has been considerably harder to write. I think it may be because I am trying to do to much ideas at once and the flow of the book has become a little choppy and the story goes from one idea and abruptly jumps to another adventure and it even confuses me sometimes. I think the best thing for me to do is to delete the past two chapters and keep on writing along the lines of Francisco during the Black death and how he loses his wife and child. That will start the process of him beginning to think that it is punishment for all the horrors he did in Mexico to the Aztecs. Also he will begin to hate the name he was given in Mexico, Fracisco de Muerto. I think that will show to be the most interesting path to the reader. I have also decided that I would like to have a great mind blowing event at the end of the book, like at the end of Interstellar. However I unfortunately do not know what that event will be, but I'm going to really try to incorporate it. If I can make that story line workout then I think the book will come along nicely!        

1 comment:

  1. The best thing you can do when you are stuck writing is to write anything. Even it has nothing to do with the story, just write. Sometimes it helps unblock the problem you are having.

    ReplyDelete